Scrambled eggs, crisp bacon, gooey cheese and roasted potatoes are stuffed into hot crisp taco shells for a fun variation on a breakfast burrito. These breakfast tacos were a huge hit with my whole family. This fun meal was inspired by the Breakfast Nachos that my kids love so much.
Last time they requested breakfast nachos, I didn’t have any tortilla chips in the house. However, a box of taco shells caught my eye and one thing led to another. All three of the boys voted this breakfast two thumbs up and asked me how soon I could make these again.
- 8 taco shells
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 eggs lightly whisked
- 3/4 cup shredded cheese
- 8 strips cooked bacon cut in half
- 2 cups roasted breakfast roasted breakfast potatoes
- kosher salt to taste
- freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Optional: sliced jalapeños chopped green chile, hot sauce, salsa
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Spread the taco shells across a baking sheet and warm for 5-6 minutes until crisp. While the taco shells are in the oven, melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Pour in the eggs and gently scramble them. Let them cook without messing with them too much. Season with salt and pepper. When the eggs are barely solid, remove from the heat. You want to avoid overcooking them, because they will finish cooking in the pan while you assemble the tacos.
- Remove the taco shells from the oven. Divide the scrambled eggs between the warm shells. Add the potatoes, strips of bacon and a sprinkling of cheese. Serve immediately or place the tray of finished tacos in the oven for a couple more minutes to melt the cheese. Enjoy!
~ Click here to Subscribe to Barefeet In The Kitchen by Email and receive new recipes in your inbox every day. ~