Like warm, soft and chewy oatmeal cookies designed to be eaten for breakfast; this was a delicious weekend breakfast designed for just my husband and me. My kids were staying with grandma and I took advantage of the lazy morning to play with my baked oatmeal recipe. I absolutely loved the chewiness of this version, combined with the slightly toasted oats on top.
Check out all of our Oatmeal Recipes!
- 1 1/4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- dash of nutmeg
- 1/3 cup Trader Joe's Jumbo Raisin medley with seedless golden light raisins flame raisins, and jumbo raisins (regular raisins will work as well, but these raisins are delicious enough to mention specifically)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons light flavored olive oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease (2) 10-12 ounce ramekins with butter and then fill with the oatmeal mixture. Bake for about 20 minutes, until the oatmeal is lightly browned and a knife inserted into the center should come out mostly clean. Let rest for a few minutes before serving. The oatmeal will be very hot! Enjoy!
- MEAL: Let the oatmeal cool completely and then cut or scoop into portions. Store
- the oatmeal in airtight freezer bags or containers. Reheat in the microwave
- with a tablespoon of water.
I tripled the recipe and made it again the following weekend in a 9x13 pan for a family brunch. The oatmeal was a hit with everyone that tried it.