Bacon and eggs are two of my very favorite foods. When I saw just a few slices of bacon left in the fridge, I decided to cook them for my lunch salad. Once I had the bacon in the oven, it just seemed right to boil an egg as well.
This is most delicious impromptu salad I’ve made recently. It was actually so good, I keep thinking about making it for breakfast.
A breakfast salad, would that be too weird? I’m pretty sure it’s going to happen sooner than later.
Bacon and Egg Garden Salad
- 3 slices of bacon cut in thirds
- 1 hard boiled egg chopped
- crisp green lettuce of your choice I used Batavian, but romaine would be great as well
- grape tomatoes sliced in half
- English cucumber sliced in thin wedges
- carrots sliced thinly into bite size pieces
- salad dressing of your choice I used this Peppery Dill Ranch Dressing
- Line a baking sheet with foil and then spread the bacon pieces across it. Place in the cold oven and set temperature to 400 degrees. Bake for about 20 minutes, until the bacon is cooked through, but not completely crispy. The bacon will become crispier as it cools. When bacon is done, place on a plate lined with a paper napkin or towel.
- Layer your plate with lettuce, tomatoes, carrots and cucumbers. Top with bacon and egg. Drizzle with dressing, if desired. Enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Mention @barefeetkitchen or tag #barefeetkitchen!
26 Comments Leave a comment or review
Gerry - BK says
What a lovely salad recipe, I loved it; who doesn’t like breakfast in a salad. I made exactly as written but used candied bacon (it was what I had on hand) and it worked beautifully in this recipe. The flavor and textures were very satisfying and comforting. I Made a No Oil No Egg Poppy Seed Salad Dressing to dress the salad, it worked perfectly in this recipe. Thanks for sharing.
Mary Younkin says
I’m thrilled that you liked the salad so much, Gerry!
Mary Younkin says
I’m glad you like the salad, Josie!