- 6 medium size potatoes reds and golden yellows are my current favorites
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt to taste
- Fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Any other seasonings that you like with your potatoes; seasoning mixes thyme, rosemary, garlic, just about anything works
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Scrub and rinse the potatoes. Cut them into slightly smaller than bite size pieces. Place them in a large bowl and drizzle a couple tablespoons of olive oil over them. Toss with your hands to thoroughly coat the pieces. Sprinkle generously with spices and toss again to coat well.
- Grease a baking sheet well with olive oil or use a silpat mat. Fill the tray with a single layer of the potato pieces and place in oven. Roast for 40-45 minutes, turning once after 20 minutes. Check them again around 40 minutes and stir or turn as needed. Let them get soft and then a bit crispy before removing them from the oven.
- Let them cool completely and then store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- When I am ready to use these, I simply put the amount that I need in a skillet over medium heat to warm them and let them get just a bit crispy before serving. Toss them with scrambled eggs, serve with Huevos Rancheros or any number of other breakfast dishes.