After eating Pork Carnitas for dinner, I knew immediately what I wanted for breakfast. This was a hit with all of my boys as well. The bits of pork crisped up again in the skillet and the potatoes browned within minutes.
Could there be a better way to eat leftovers? Just ask the Big Dude, if you don’t believe me. Larry is the master of turning dinner leftovers into fantastic breakfasts.
- 2 cups cooked Pulled Pork Carnitas roughly chopped into 1/2" pieces
- 3 cups Roasted Breakfast Potatoes
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- kosher salt to taste
- freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium high heat. Add the potatoes and spread them out in a layer across the pan. Let them cook and begin to brown for 2-3 minutes and then stir and spread them out again. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook another 1-2 minutes and then add in the meat. Stirring occasionally, cook for 2 minutes or so, until everything is hot and crispy. Remove to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Add a tablespoon of butter to the skillet, allow it to melt over medium heat and then add the eggs. Cook the eggs until they are as done as you like. We enjoy ours soft and runny over the hash. This would also be great with scrambled eggs, so feel free to change it up however you like them best.
- Divide the hash between 4 plates and top with the eggs. Enjoy!