Warm crispy tortillas, with marinated tomatoes flavoring the sauteed onions and zucchini, all wrapped in melting mozzarella cheese. I was running late with starting dinner; so I decided to throw together some quick quesadillas.
It took less than 5 minutes to get the dough started for tortillas. While the dough was resting, I prepped the veggies and then it was just the few minutes to cook them and stuff them.
Everyone at the table loved these for dinner. I can hardly wait to make these again.
- 8 Tortillas simple homemade recipe here or use store-bought tortillas
- Marinated Tomatoes warmed
- 1 small Italian Zucchini lightly sauteed
- 1 small yellow onion sauteed
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- Preheat a large non-stick skillet to medium-high heat. On a large cutting board, layer a tortilla with approx 1/4 cup of cheese, and then spread the vegetables out across it. Sprinkle an additional 1/4 cup or so of cheese on top.
- Using a large spatula, transfer the quesadilla to the hot pan and let it cook for a couple minutes. When the cheese has begun to melt and the tortillas are browning slightly, turn the quesadilla over very carefully. Continue to cook until all the cheese is melted and the tortilla is crisp around the edges.
- Using the spatula, transfer the quesadilla back to the cutting board, cut into triangles while it is hot and serve warm.