Spicy chicken surrounded by melting cheese in a crisp homemade tortilla. This was a very successful lunch quickly put together using leftovers from the refrigerator.
I’m hooked on these Whole Wheat Tortillas and I have been making quesadillas as frequently as possible.
- 2 Tortillas, homemade or store-bought
- 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheeze shredded
- 1 barbecued chicken thigh or equivalent amount of cooked chicken, removed from the bone and shredded
- Spicy BBQ sauce for dipping
- Place one tortilla in a hot skillet over medium high heat. Layer half of the cheese, the shredded chicken and the remaining chicken on top of the tortilla. Place the second tortilla on top and cook for a minute or two, until the cheese is melting. Using a large spatula, carefully flip the tortilla over and cook on the second side for a few moments until everything is melted together.
- This isn't a complicated meal at all, but it sure was delicious! I'm planning to BBQ some chicken this week, just to have it in the fridge for a couple of easy lunch quesadillas.