Quesadillas are one of my favorite uses for leftovers. Crunchy, chewy, cheesy and so flavorful with bites of Asian chicken and green onion, these were delicious!
Despite the complete failure that was my latest attempt at gluten-free flour tortillas, these quesadillas were a hit with all of my boys. The texture and flavor was great, but they were a whole lot of effort.
Until I have a better gluten free tortilla recipe to share, I’m linking to my favorite Homemade Whole Wheat Tortillas in case you are in the mood for homemade tortillas as well.
- 2 small tortillas homemade ones work great, but any variety will work
- 1 leftover Asian chicken drumstick or other piece of chicken about 1/4 cup chopped small
- 1/4 cup shredded Mozarella or Monterrey jack cheese
- 1 green onion green portion only, very thinly sliced
- Place a skillet on the stove over medium heat. Layer a tortilla with half the cheese, the diced chicken, green onions and then the rest of the cheese. Place a second tortilla on top and then slide the stacked tortillas into the skillet. Cover with a lid and cook for about a minute. Flip the quesadilla over in the pan and cover once again with the lid. Cook another minute until the cheese is melted and the tortillas are crisp. Serve hot and Enjoy!