Quesadillas are one of my favorite uses for leftovers. Crunchy, chewy, cheesy and so flavorful with bites of Asian chicken and green onion, these were delicious!
Despite the complete failure that was my latest attempt at gluten-free flour tortillas, these quesadillas were a hit with all of my boys. The texture and flavor was great, but they were a whole lot of effort.
Until I have a better gluten free tortilla recipe to share, I’m linking to my favorite Homemade Whole Wheat Tortillas in case you are in the mood for homemade tortillas as well.
Asian Chicken Quesadillas
- 2 small tortillas homemade ones work great, but any variety will work
- 1 leftover Asian chicken drumstick or other piece of chicken about ¼ cup chopped small
- 1/4 cup shredded Mozarella or Monterrey jack cheese
- 1 green onion green portion only, very thinly sliced
- Place a skillet on the stove over medium heat. Layer a tortilla with half the cheese, the diced chicken, green onions and then the rest of the cheese. Place a second tortilla on top and then slide the stacked tortillas into the skillet. Cover with a lid and cook for about a minute. Flip the quesadilla over in the pan and cover once again with the lid. Cook another minute until the cheese is melted and the tortillas are crisp. Serve hot and Enjoy!
8 Comments Leave a comment or review
Aiza Tariq says
I have eaten so many wraps but no quesadilla. Guess I need to make tortillas someday.. Such a simple recipe!
Sue/the view from great island says
Great simple fusion recipe. This reminds me that I really want to make your whole wheat tortillas, I'm going to try today!
I adore quesadillas for leftovers too!
Inside a British Mum's Kitchen says
Don't you just love making a great dinner and then making another great dinner from the leftovers! perfect – who do you always get such great photos???
The asian twist is brilliant! Thank you for sharing your creativity with me! I've been baking all day, and I'm eager for sleep, but I'll now be dreaming cheesy and delicious dreams thanks to you! I hope you have a wonderful Monday.
Tricia @ saving room for dessert says
Wraps or Quesadillas – I love tortillas. I used to make my own when I lived in Denver. These look great! Nice easy dinner.
I love quesadillas, such a great way to clear out last night's leftovers, lol.
I made these tonight and the kiddies LOVED them! Thanks for sharing this great idea. I used large whole wheat tortillas, leftover teriyaki chicken thighs, cheddar cheese and steamed broccoli bits (my son doesn't like green onion). Very healthy and easy lunch/dinner!