This is my latest favorite quesadilla combination. I’ve made these a couple times now and I’ll probably make them again while I still have a few remaining onions.
I might need to make more of these caramelized onions very soon!
Caramelized Onion and Chicken Quesadillas
- 2 tortillas I used these homemade whole wheat tortillas
- 1/3 cup Monterrey jack cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup or more if desired caramelized onions
- 1/3 cup cooked chicken diced
- In a flat skillet, over medium high heat, place the first tortilla in the skillet and layer half the shredded cheese on top of it. Spread the onions across the cheese and then layer the chicken on top of the onions. Sprinkle the remaining cheese across the chicken and place the second tortilla on top.
- Warm the tortilla on the first side until the cheese starts to melt and then carefully flip it over. Repeat and Enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Mention @barefeetkitchen or tag #barefeetkitchen!
16 Comments Leave a comment or review
I feel like caramelized onions add that "wow" factor to just about everything they touch. These quesadillas look great!
The Slow Roasted Italian says
These look delicious!!!
Tricia @ Saving room for dessert says
Oh yeah – I could really love these! Now I'm thinking about those onions again 🙂 Have a great weekend.
Inside a British Mum's Kitchen says
Lovely, lovely flavors – LOVE the onions – these are a great idea – Mary x
Ah, caramelized onions. Nothing better! And in a quesadilla? Yes please! This looks fantastic.
Angie's Recipes says
Love caramelized onions..bet those quesadilla taste heavenly!
I love this combinationw with caramelized onions.Haven't tried it before..looks realy yummy;)
Sue/the view from great island says
You've single-handedly started me on a quesadilla binge. I've been trying to make my own tortillas, but with corn. It's not easy! I'll post about it soon, but next I'm going to try your flour tortillas, they look so great.
Love caramelized onions and these quesadillas sounds delicious! gloria
Reem | Simply Reem says
These quesadillas are just what I need now, carmelized onion can rock any dish …
These sounds delicious…
no spring chicken says
Great idea! Those of us who like onion in this house will love these.
Sue – These tortillas single-handedly started me on that same binge. Glad I could pass that on to you. I haven't tried making corn tortillas yet. I'll keep an eye out for that post!
Becki's Whole Life says
You used your crock pot onions on these:-)..I love having quesadillas for dinner – these look great!
The Starving Student says
If you have a panini press, try making quesadillas on it, instead of in a skillet. Not only does it cook faster, you don't have to worry about flipping them! You can never go wrong with caramelized onions though!!!
It adds a little time but caramelized onions make such a difference! These quesadillas looks great.
Grace In Full Measure says
Wow you made your own tortillas? Amazing! 🙂