This is my latest favorite quesadilla combination. I’ve made these a couple times now and I’ll probably make them again while I still have a few remaining onions. I might need to make more of these onions very soon!
- 2 tortillas I used these homemade whole wheat tortillas
- 1/3 cup Monterrey jack cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup or more if desired caramelized onions
- 1/3 cup cooked chicken diced
- In a flat skillet, over medium high heat, place the first tortilla in the skillet and layer half the shredded cheese on top of it. Spread the onions across the cheese and then layer the chicken on top of the onions. Sprinkle the remaining cheese across the chicken and place the second tortilla on top.
- Warm the tortilla on the first side until the cheese starts to melt and then carefully flip it over. Repeat and Enjoy!