Creamy chocolate fudge filled with peanuts and marshmallows makes a chewy, crunchy, salty, sweet Rocky Road Fudge that all ages will enjoy. Rocky Road ice cream has been one of my favorite ice cream flavors ever since I was a child. Rocky Road brownies, Rocky Road chocolate bark, Rocky Road pretty much anything is sure to be a hit with my family. What’s not to love about a handful of chocolate filled with peanuts and marshmallows?
When I was playing with ideas for new fudge recipes this holiday season, I knew I needed to make a rocky road fudge. I am so completely hooked on five minute fudge recipes, this is the latest one I’m sharing with you this year. Don’t miss the others: White Chocolate Pretzel Fudge, Chocolate Pecan Fudge, Creamy Peanut Butter Fudge, Chocolate Covered Oreo Fudge, and Peppermint Marshmallow Fudge.
These fudge recipes will store very nicely in the refrigerator for up to two weeks, or in the freezer for up to two months. I love the convenience of making fudge long in advance and having it ready to share with friends and family for parties or casual get-togethers. Store the sliced fudge in an airtight container, separating the layers with wax paper or parchment. Store separate flavors in separate containers to maintain the best flavor.
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- Combine the milk, the chocolate, and the butter in a medium size glass bowl and heat in the microwave for 90 seconds. Stir to combine and heat another 15 seconds if needed. (If you aren't a fan of the microwave, you can easily melt the chocolate, milk and butter in a double boiler on the stove top.)
- Add the extract and stir until smooth. Stir in the peanuts and marshmallows and scoop the mixture onto a parchment lined tray. Spread with a spatula to approximately 1-inch thickness. Chill until ready to serve. Slice into squares and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. Enjoy!