Filled with chewy marshmallows and crunchy peanuts, this Rocky Road Chocolate Bark is sure to be loved by chocolate-loving kids and adults alike this holiday season.
Cookies may get the most talk this time of year, but there’s something even better about a treat that comes together in just a few minutes, looks impressive as a gift, and doesn’t even require you to turn on the oven.
Barks, toffees, and fudge are my favorites among all holiday treats. When it comes to gift giving, what’s not to love about a recipe that provides multiple gifts in one fell swoop?
Rocky Road Chocolate Bark was born out of our happy obsession with hot chocolate and marshmallows. My kids love hot cocoa and just like my Grandma did with my hot cocoa, I like to fill the tops of their cups with marshmallows. Whether the marshmallows are store bought or homemade, hot chocolate requires a handful of marshmallows.
We made Peppermint Marshmallow Fudge last year and it was such a hit, I knew we’d be making another marshmallow filled treat this year. Once you’ve gotten the hang of making chocolate barks, the possibilities are pretty much endless!
Rocky Road Chocolate Bark
- 2 10 ounce bags semi-sweet, milk, white, or dark chocolate chips, about 3 cups
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows divided
- 1 cup roasted salted peanuts, divided
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl, or 2 separate bowls, if you'd like to swirl two different chocolates together as pictured. Microwave for 1 minute at 50% power. Stir the chocolate and then heat another 30 seconds, stirring again and repeating once more only as needed, until the chocolate is soft and can be stirred completely smooth. It should take about 2 minutes total, depending on your microwave.
- Stir 1 cup of marshmallows and 1/2 cup of peanuts into the melted chocolate. (If you are swirling two chocolates together, pour the second bowl of melted chocolate into the first bowl with the marshmallows and nuts, and stir very lightly to swirl.) Pour the chocolate across the parchment paper and spread to about 1/3" thickness. Top with the remaining marshmallows and peanuts. Chill in the refrigerator until the chocolate has set, at least an hour. Remove from the refrigerator and break or cut into bite size pieces. Enjoy!