Smooth chocolate combines with peppermint to make this classic holiday treat. Whether you want a dessert for a party or a gift for a friend, Peppermint Bark is perfect for almost any holiday occasion. I’m going to show you today just how easy it is to make. Once you’ve made peppermint bark at home, the odds are good that you’ll never be tempted to buy it again.
- 12 ounces white chocolate chopped or chips
- 16 ounces semi sweet or dark chocolate chopped or chips
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract divided
- Topping: 10 mini candy canes crushed, about 2-3 tablespoons worth
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the white chocolate and the semi-sweet chocolate into two separate glass bowls. Add 1/4 teaspoon of peppermint extract to each bowl. Place the dark chocolate in the microwave and heat 90 seconds, as 50% power, do NOT heat at full power. Stir and heat an additional 30 seconds at 50% power. Stir again until smooth. Pour the chocolate onto the parchment lined baking sheet and use a spatula to spread it across the paper.
- Repeat the melting process with the white chocolate. Spoon the melted white chocolate over the dark chocolate. Use a knife or the edge of the spatula to lightly swirl the chocolates together. Sprinkle with the crushed candy canes. Refrigerate until firm. Use a knife to cut the bark into pieces. Store in an airtight container for up to two weeks. Enjoy!