This is a melt in your mouth, smooth and creamy fudge; rich with dark chocolate and almonds. I fell head over heels for the combination of almonds and chocolate this past summer when I couldn’t stop making Double Chocolate Almond Ice Cream.
The almond flavor is subtle and it takes a moment to realize what makes the chocolate flavor special. If you haven’t tried it yet, I highly recommend swapping almond for vanilla next time you make your favorite chocolate cake.
Almond flavoring is a fantastic way to change up your favorite chocolate recipes.
This fudge received rave reviews from everyone who tried it. Thanks to Sue, for the brilliant idea of making fudge in the microwave.
As it turns out, fudge doesn’t need to be time-consuming or tricky at all.
This is the easiest fudge I’ve ever made and it is also the creamiest, smoothest fudge I’ve ever tasted!
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk this was 1 can
- 12 ounces dark chocolate chips about 2 cups worth
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds plus 1-2 tablespoons more for topping
- Combine the milk, the chocolate and the butter in a medium size glass bowl and heat in the microwave for 90 seconds. Stir to combine and heat another 15 seconds if needed. Stir until smooth. Stir in the extract and the almonds. Pour into a well-greased or parchment lined 8" pan. Chill until ready to serve. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week. Enjoy!