Tart apples and sweet grapes, bananas, and blueberries are tossed with crunchy pecans in a light and creamy vanilla dressing to make this Creamy Fruit Salad.
I can’t get enough cold summer salads right now, so I really hope you’re enjoying the new recipes! I have several more lined up to share this summer. This salad was inspired by the Grape Salad with Vanilla Bean Dressing that we’ve been making for several years now.
I first made this fruit salad for a barbecue with friends a few weeks ago and there was not a single bite leftover. My youngest was so sad when it was gone, I made another batch to photograph a couple of days later.
Served with burgers, Ranch Potato Salad, and Tangy Pasta Salad with Tomatoes and Peppers; this fruit salad makes the perfect dessert. I’m looking forward to making this again for our 4th of July barbecue.
Fruit Salad Recipes
This Balsamic and Basil Berry Salad is one of the prettiest fruit salads I make. It’s refreshing and light and perfect all summer long.
The simple honey-lime dressing takes an everyday bowl of fruit up a notch with this Summer Fruit Salad.
I love the Pineapple Mojito Fruit Salad too. Made with fresh pineapple and plenty of mint, I joke that it’s a mojito you can eat with a fork – and you can serve it at breakfast too.
This Berry Fusion Fruit Salad by Tried and Tasty is tossed in fresh lemon juice and a drizzle of honey for another refreshing summer option.
Before making salads I always use this homemade fruit and vegetable wash.
Grapes are one of my boys’ favorite fruits and they are almost always in my refrigerator. So, we tend to use them in a lot of salads and summer dishes.
And the Broccoli Grape Salad is a barbecue side dish favorite anytime we have friends here.
Creamy Fruit Salad Recipe
- Combine the grapes, bananas, apples, blueberries, and pecans in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk together the sour cream, sugar, and vanilla.
- Pour the dressing over the fruit in the bowl. Stir well to coat.
- Serve immediately or chill until ready to serve.
Creamy Fruit Salad
- 1 pound red grapes, sliced in half lengthwise (about 4 cups)
- 2 medium bananas, sliced thin (about 2 cups)
- 2 medium granny smith apples, chopped small (about 2 cups)
- 6 ounces blueberries (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans or sliced almonds
- Combine the grapes, bananas, apples, blueberries, and pecans in a large mixing bowl. Whisk together the sour cream, sugar and vanilla.
- Pour the dressing over the fruit in the bowl. Stir well to coat. Serve immediately or chill until ready to serve. Enjoy!