Crisp broccoli is combined with sweet, juicy grapes, and crunchy bits of red onion just before being tossed with a tangy, sweet balsamic dressing to make this Broccoli Grape Salad.
This is a light summer salad that my broccoli-hating-children devoured in minutes. My oldest son avoids broccoli at every other opportunity and he has requested this salad three times in the past month.
The first time I made this, my children ate the whole bowl of salad in less than a day. I still can’t believe how much they enjoyed it!
I’ve served this salad with Crock-Pot Pulled Pork, Pan Fried Italian Chicken Thighs, and with Hawaiian Grilled Chicken Sandwiches. I also ate the leftovers straight out of the bowl and called it my lunch one day last week.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar traditional or white balsamic
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 pound fresh broccoli sliced into small 1/2" florets, about 4 cups worth
- 2 cups red or green grapes halved
- 1/3 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Stir together the mayonnaise, vinegar, and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Add the broccoli, grapes, and onions. Stir well to coat with the dressing. Stir in the pecans, reserving a few for sprinkling on top. Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Stir again just before serving. Enjoy!