Summer fruit salads are beautifully versatile. They are always a hit at barbecues and picnics and with the fruits in season right now; you can choose your favorites to combine. For this meal, I simply worked with what was already in the house.
The simple honey lime dressing takes an everyday bowl of fruit up a notch and makes it something special. Just whisk together equal parts honey and lime juice and add a sprinkle of salt. The recipe can be doubled or tripled as much as you like!
- 1 cup diced fresh pineapple canned pineapple will work as well
- 1 cup quartered strawberries
- 1 cup halved green grapes
- juice of 1 lime about 1 tablespoon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- pinch of kosher salt 1/16 teaspoon
- Chop the fruit into pieces roughly uniform in size. Combine all the fruit in a medium size bowl. Whisk together the lime juice, honey and salt and drizzle over the fruit. Toss to coat. Chill until ready to serve. Enjoy!