Sweet berries, spicy jalapenos, onions, cilantro and a squeeze of lime combine to make this an unforgettable salsa. Between this salsa and my pineapple salsa, I just can’t stop making the fruit salsa this summer! This comes together in about 15 minutes and the salsa disappears almost faster than that every single time I make it.
This strawberry version was inspired by my friend Sue’s gorgeous photographs, if you haven’t already seen her line-up of fresh salsas, don’t miss them! I’ve made this recipe a handful of times now. Each time I make it, I think that the salsa would be awesome on chicken or fish. However, it has never lasted long enough to for me to actually test that. We all grab a handful of chips and dig in as soon as it’s on the table.
- 3 cups diced strawberries about 1 1/2 lbs washed and hulled
- 1 large jalapeno seeds removed, about 3 tablespoons finely minced
- 3 green onions very thinly sliced
- handful of cilantro leaves only, about 3 tablespoons minced
- juice of one lime about 1 tablespoon
- 1/8 - 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt adjust to taste
- 1/8 - 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper. adjust to taste
- Gently stir together the ingredients and serve immediately. If you need to make this an hour or two in advance, toss everything
- together, without the lime juice, and chill until ready to serve. Add the juice just before
- serving and toss gently. Enjoy!