Frozen strawberries, balsamic and rosemary combined to create a delicious salad dressing. You can adjust the sweetness according to your preferences, but I left ours fairly tangy. I served this over a simple Grape and Candied Walnut Salad and it was an excellent pairing.
I have to tell you that I was so excited to try making a strawberry dressing, I started scribbling down ideas for ingredients a couple days ago. I made this meal and later, as I was writing this post, I remembered that my friend, Donna, had made a strawberry salad a while back. I went to check and see how she had made her dressing and I burst out laughing. My dressing is almost identical to hers! Apparently, my brain had read and retained more than I thought. So, I’m happy to credit her for my inspiration. Be sure to check out her Strawberry and Mozarella Salad for the next time fresh berries are in season. I can’t wait to try it.
- 8 ounces frozen strawberries thawed - I'm sure this would be awesome with fresh berries, but craving them in October meant that frozen berries were the best option this time
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar you can use regular balsamic; however the dressing will be a lovely shade of brown - much like this one
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice I'm sure store bought would work fine as well
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh rosemary leaves chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- Layer all ingredients into the blender in the order listed. Puree for a minute or two, until dressing is smooth and thickened.