My family loves smoothies. I make smoothies several times a week either with our breakfasts or as snacks. Pink, purple, green, blue, brown, they come in countless colors and flavors. This is a very simple combination that we all agree is delicious. I like to freeze all of the fruit ahead of time. That way I rarely add ice to water it down.
I prefer smoothies that are similar to a milkshake consistency. I buy extra bananas and simply peel them and put them into a ziploc bag in the freezer. When I am ready to use them, I just grab however many I am using and toss them in the blender.
- 2 cups of whole milk
- 2 frozen bananas ripe and sweet
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 8-10 frozen strawberries
- 1-2 tbsp honey adjust to taste
- Layer it all into the blender in the above order and then turn it on. Pour into glasses when it reaches the consistency that you like.
- *With fruit smoothies, the sweetness of the frozen fruits will have a direct impact on the flavor of the smoothie. The same combination of ingredients that tasted perfect one day, might need an extra boost of sweetener another day. Play with the ingredients to find the perfect smoothie combination for your tastes.