Strawberries, Blueberries and Bananas are blended into a frozen concoction so thick you can eat it with a spoon. This was an accidental result of my not paying a lot of attention as I threw some of our favorite things into a smoothie. The kids LOVED it and declared it the following:
While I do not share that extreme level of enthusiasm or the inclination to call this “more delicious than ice cream,” it really was a delicious frozen treat. I was especially happy to see the kids so happy over a healthy treat.
I have made it twice since then to make sure that it wasn’t a fluke and could actually be recreated easily. I’m going to specify here that I have a very powerful blender. If you do not have a very powerful blender, I recommend using a food processor to make this ice cream.
- 2 cups milk almond milk or coconut milk
- 2 large frozen bananas
- 16-18 frozen strawberries
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon honey adjust to taste
- Layer ingredients into the blender or food processor in the order listed above. Blend until smooth, stopping as needed to scrape the sides of the bowl or pitcher. Serve immediately for a fun soft serve ice cream or freeze for a more easily scooped ice cream. If frozen, allow to thaw on the counter for 20-30 minutes prior to serving. This will freeze almost completely solid.
- I preferred to drink mine with a straw, so I thinned it with an extra splash of milk in the blender and blended till smooth. This created a wonderfully thick milkshake consistency smoothie that I really enjoyed. Enjoy!