This soft serve Pina Colada Ice Cream turned out to be so delicious my kids were jumping up and down with excitement. I loved that it was so flavorful and slightly sweet without any refined sugars. I hadn’t tried freezing any of my smoothie recipes prior to this and now my mind is swimming with the possibilities!
I’m excited to be sharing a great new cookbook with you today. When Faith and Alyssa announced that they were co-publishing a book of artisanal smoothies, you know that I had to check it out. If you’ve been reading this blog for any time at all, you know that I have a well-documented love for smoothies.
Blend: Artisanal Smoothies for Food Lovers is a fantastic book full of smoothie making tips and
tricks, along with a line-up of recipes that inspire me to get out my
blender almost every single morning. With four separate chapters for Indulgence, Fruits, Greens and Coffee + Tea; this is a unique collection of smoothies unlike any that I have seen before. I already have a TON of smoothie recipes posted here on the blog, however, this book has inspired me to mix up my usual recipes and try some new ingredients.
Up until now, I’d never thought to toss a pinch of salt into my smoothies. Why not? I add salt to almost every other thing I make and yet, never to a smoothie. That tiny pinch of salt makes a difference and enhances the flavors beautifully. The twist of lime in this Pina Colada Smoothie gives it a unique flavor that is deeper than the average combination of coconut and pineapple.
- 1 13.5 ounce can of Thai coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups pineapple chunks frozen
- 1 medium banana broken into chunks and frozen
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Place all ingredients in the blender and puree until smooth and creamy. Pour into glasses and serve immediately for smoothies or pour into an ice cream machine and process according to manufacturer's directions. Scoop into bowls and serve immediately after freezing. Enjoy!
Disclosure: Faith sent me copies of both her e-books to review. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.