This soft serve Pina Colada Ice Cream turned out to be so delicious my kids were jumping up and down with excitement. I loved that it was so flavorful and slightly sweet without any refined sugars.
I hadn’t tried freezing any of my smoothie recipes prior to this and now my mind is swimming with the possibilities!
I’m excited to be sharing a great new cookbook with you today. (So sorry! The cookbook is no longer available, but I love this recipe and am leaving the mention of the cookbook here, as that is the original source.) When Faith and Alyssa announced that they were co-publishing a book of artisanal smoothies, you know that I had to check it out. If you’ve been reading this blog for any time at all, you know that I have a well-documented love for smoothies.
Up until now, I’d never thought to toss a pinch of salt into my smoothies. Why not? I add salt to almost every other thing I make and yet, never to a smoothie. That tiny pinch of salt makes a difference and enhances the flavors beautifully.
The twist of lime in this Pina Colada Smoothie gives it a unique flavor that is deeper than the average combination of coconut and pineapple.
Pina Colada Smoothie ~ Soft Serve Ice Cream
- 1 13.5 ounce can of Thai coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups pineapple chunks frozen
- 1 medium banana broken into chunks and frozen
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Place all ingredients in the blender and puree until smooth and creamy. Pour into glasses and serve immediately for smoothies or pour into an ice cream machine and process according to manufacturer's directions. Scoop into bowls and serve immediately after freezing. Enjoy!