Crisp lettuce, sweet mango slices and sharp red onions combine to make this a deliciously simple summer salad. With a light and slightly spicy dressing, this salad was a hit with my family.
In the summertime especially, I’m a huge fan of fresh fruit in our salads. Whether it’s a Strawberry Spinach Salad, Spring Salad with Poppyseed Dressing, Red Wine and Honey Salad with Fruit, or Cashew Chicken Salad with Grapes, there is often fruit in our salads or in the dressings.
- DRESSING INGREDIENTS:
- juice of 1 lime approximately 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon chile powder I used NM red chile powder
- 1/8 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 2 tablespoons light flavored olive oil
- 6 cups lettuce chopped or torn into bite size pieces, I used a blend of red and green leaf lettuces and some spring mix as well
- 2 mangoes sliced thin
- 1/4 red onion sliced as thinly as possible
- Whisk together dressing ingredients and set aside. Prepare the lettuce, mangoes and onion and toss together. Immediately before serving, drizzle with about 1/2 of the dressing and toss gently. Taste and adjust dressing accordingly. I used about 2/3 of the dressing for our salad. Enjoy!