Lightly sauteed broccoli and asparagus tossed with just a dab of butter and a sprinkle of parmesan was a very simple side dish for our dinner a few nights ago.
Sauteed Broccoli and Asparagus with Parmesan
- 1 small head of broccoli or 2 cups broccoli florets stem sliced thin and included if desired
- 1/2 lb asparagus trimmed and cut into 2" pieces
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- kosher salt to taste
- freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons parmesan finely grated
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, warm the oil. Add the broccoli and asparagus and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Let cook, tossing constantly, for about 5-6 minutes. You want the vegetables to turn bright green and stay fairly crisp while barely softening from the heat. Add the butter to the bottom of the skillet and toss quickly to coat the pieces. Remove from the heat and sprinkle with Parmesan before serving. Enjoy!