Tangy, barely sweetened, and just a little bit smoky; perfect for dipping your favorite steak or topping a burger. This steak sauce is all the best parts of A-1 and Heinz 57 sauce flavors, made at home with just a couple minutes effort to stir it all together. I served this sauce with our Steak Bites and there was hardly a bite leftover.
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 large garlic clove minced
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons plain vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Combine all the ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Let cool and then transfer to an airtight container. Refrigerate until needed. Enjoy!