Crisp on the outside and roasted until fluffy on the inside, these potatoes were a simple side dish to prepare on a night when I really didn’t feel much like cooking. Lucky for me, my man decided to spoil me and make the rest of dinner on the grill.
We are not grilling experts by any stretch of the imagination, but we are learning and he did an excellent job. Dinner was delicious and it was made even more wonderful by the fact that he did all the clean up as well. I love that man!
Question for you, have you ever eaten purple potatoes? I was fascinated by them when I stumbled on them at the market the other day. They tasted about the same to me as the other potatoes in this batch. I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t be able to tell the difference blindfolded.
I have already added these lovelies to our garden list for this fall, but I’d love to know if they really are healthier.
- 2.5 lbs red yellow and purple fingerling or baby potatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil plus a bit more for greasing the baking sheet
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- course sea salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and place oven racks on the very top and on the very bottom levels. Grease a baking sheet with olive oil and set aside. Quarter the potatoes lengthwise and place in a large bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil and toss with your hands to coat. Sprinkle generously with garlic, salt and pepper. Toss again with your hands. Spread potatoes out across the baking sheet, skin side down. Sprinkle once more with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 425 for 25 minutes, or until tender. Pierce with a fork to test tenderness. Then move potatoes to the top rack and set oven to broil. Broil for just a couple of minutes (do not even step away from the oven) until they are browned and crispy on the outside. Enjoy!