Easy, inexpensive, gluten free dessert recipes that require no special ingredients at all! These are my go-to desserts anytime I’m working outside of my own kitchen, and they are the recipes I give to anyone who asks for simple and uncomplicated gluten free desserts.
Easy Gluten Free Desserts
Years before I started blogging, when I first started baking gluten free treats for a friend of mine, the recipes I found were completely overwhelming. Special flours, starches, and gums, careful treatment of the doughs, delicate baking instructions, and confusing instructions, all combined to make me toss more than a few cookies into the trash.
I promise you that NONE of these recipes are like that. These are some of the easiest gluten free desserts we make and every last one of them can be made with ingredients that are likely already in your pantry. No specialty flours, tools, or skills required!
Many times, when you need a gluten free dessert, it’s for a dinner guest or a friend, and it just doesn’t make sense to buy several different specialty flours just to make a single recipe. (On the other hand, if you plan to do more than the occasional gluten free baked goods, I have a huge index of gluten free sweets and treats that we love. Try the simple recipes below, and then dive on in and pick up the flours for the rest of them!)
This collection of desserts is perfect for any occasion; a special dinner or a gift for a friend. I bake gluten free at least 90% of the time and I can happily promise you that no one will realize they are eating a gluten free treat. Several of these recipes are also naturally diary free as well. Enjoy!
Gluten Free Dessert Recipes
Every single one of the recipes I’m sharing below has been tried and tested by both gluten free friends and gluten-eating friends alike. Whether you’re avoiding gluten in your own diet or baking for a friend, these recipes show how easy it is to avoid wheat and still enjoy amazing desserts.
Easy Gluten Free Desserts
I love baking gluten free (and dairy free!) treats to bring to gatherings and events knowing everyone will be able to enjoy them. Whether you’ve been baking without gluten for a while or you’re new to the whole thing, you’ll love these easy gluten free desserts.
Because none of these ingredients require a trip to a specialty foods store, you can get baking right away. You’ll also love that the ingredients are inexpensive–that means you can bake even MORE treats to share!
I hope you enjoy these tasty gluten free treats as much as I have.
- Old Fashioned 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies are also naturally dairy free. These are some of the easiest cookies you’ll ever make and packed with incredible peanut butter taste.
- Dark Chocolate Dipped Coconut Macaroons make any coconut lover happy. Macaroons are perfect on any dessert table and also make great gifts!
- Flourless Chocolate Brownie Cookies are a dairy-free rich chocolatey treat. No flour needed!
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies – another naturally dairy free cookie that combines peanut butter and chocolate.
- Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies are for anyone who can’t get enough of chocolate and peanut butter. Everyone likes these cookies!
- Grandmother’s Monster Cookies and Monster Cookie Bars are two takes on a recipe I’ve been making my whole life. These are a family favorite and the gluten free version is every bit as good as the original.
- Coconut Lover’s Oatmeal Cookies are naturally gluten free and some of the very best oatmeal cookies I’ve ever tasted.
- Flourless Chocolate Cake needs no introduction. It’s decadent chocolate heaven!
- Flourless “Hot” Chocolate Cake – Another naturally dairy-free recipe with a surprise kick from Tabasco sauce. It might sound strange but the sweet and spicy combination in this cake is to die for.
- Unforgettable Chocolate Quinoa Cake – Don’t knock it until you’ve tried it. There isn’t a hint of quinoa taste in this cake and it receives rave reviews every single time I serve it!
- No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Coconut Bites require no oven time and impress anyone who tastes them. A box of these homemade gluten free treats makes a wonderful gift!
- Chocolate Covered Butter Toffee is a homemade candy that tastes better than anything you can get at the store.
- Homemade Almond Joy Cups are full of rich chocolate and coconut flakes for a candy you won’t be able to resist.
- Creamy Peanut Butter Fudge – You’ll never believe how easy it is to make your own homemade fudge in just 5 minutes.
- Dark Chocolate Almond Fudge is my original 5 Minute Fudge Recipe and continues to be one of my most popular recipes.
Gluten Free Baking
SPECIAL NOTE: Some of the recipes above contain oats. Most of the people I bake for have no trouble at all with consuming regular old fashioned oats, however, some individuals have a much higher sensitivity to gluten and oats are not safe for them.
If you are baking for someone with a gluten allergy, ask first, or simply buy certified GF oats if you are uncertain.