Flourless Chocolate Turtle Cookies are crisp and chocolatey with plenty of chewy caramel throughout each bite. The original Flourless Chocolate Brownie Cookies are awesome cookies that can be stirred together in just a few minutes.
When I saw the caramel bits at the store, I couldn’t resist picking them up to see if I could create a turtle cookie. The additional caramel and pecans in this recipe turned out to be a fun variation that my whole crew voted two thumbs up.
I chopped up some of the remaining Chocolate Turtle Cookies and added them to a batch of vanilla ice cream. Turtle Cookie Ice Cream might have been my best idea this week. (Although, I won’t be recreating that dangerous combination again any time soon!)
Check out all of the Gluten Free Dessert Recipes on this website!
Flourless Chocolate Turtle Cookies
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- ¾ cups dutch process or special dark cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- ⅔ cup dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup caramel bits
- ½ cup chopped pecans plus a few more for topping if desired
- Preheat the oven to 350°F degrees. Whisk together the powdered sugar, cocoa, and salt. Add the eggs. Whisk again until smooth. (Using an electric mixer will make this even easier, but it's quite simple by hand.) Stir in the chocolate chips, caramel bits, and pecans.
- Drop by tablespoons onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Top each cookies with a few extra pecan pieces, if desired. Bake 12 minutes, until the cookies are just set. They should be puffy and cracked across the top. Let cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a wire cooling rack. Let cool completely before storing in an airtight container. Enjoy!