Chewy Coconut Oatmeal Cookies are the ultimate cookie for any coconut lover. These cookies are so chewy, so irresistible, I actually burned my mouth eating a second cookie while they were still piping hot from the oven.
Follow BAREFEET IN THE KITCHEN on Pinterest for more great recipes!
If you have a coconut lover in your life, you need these coconut lover’s cookies. This is the chewiest, most coconut filled cookie I have ever tasted. With just a handful of ingredients, a bowl, and a spoon, you can stir these cookies together in about three minutes. They are beyond easy to make!
If you truly love coconut, if you would happily eat shredded coconut by the spoonful, if you think there is no such thing as too much coconut, you’ll probably love these as much as I do. True confession: I wound up eating these cookies for my lunch, dinner, and breakfast the following morning.
This is a loose cookie “dough,” as you can see in the video. You’ll need to press the cookies together slightly with your hands after scooping them onto the cookie sheet.
Check out all of the Gluten Free Dessert Recipes on this website!
- 1/2 cup melted or very soft coconut oil
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened coconut flakes
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Stir together the coconut oil, sugar and egg until smooth. Add the oats and stir until well combined. Stir in the coconut. Scoop 2 tablespoon portions onto a parchment or silicone lined baking sheet. Press the cookies together with your hands, as needed.
- Bake for 12 minutes and then let cool at least 5, preferably 10 minutes, before removing to a wire rack or plate. Store in an airtight container. Enjoy!
This is a loose cookie "dough." You'll need to press the cookies together slightly with your hands after scooping them onto the cookie sheet.
Here are some more coconut desserts you might like:
Coconut Meyer Lemon Meringue Cake by Comfortably Domestic
Coconut Rice Pudding by The Noshery
Spicy Chocolate Coconut Clusters by Foodie with Family
Maple Candied Coconut by Heather’s Dish
Coconut Ranger Cookies by Chocolate Chocolate and More
Coconut Macaroons by 365 Days of Baking
Coconut Cream Cheesecake Bars by Love from the Oven