Oatmeal Cookie Ice Cream is a creamy, rich ice cream loaded with chunks of chewy oatmeal cookies.
This fun ice cream is my newest favorite frozen treat. (I figure I’ve written “newest favorite” at least 100 times on this blog already, but I’m choosing to ignore that little fact for now.)
This ice cream has been all I could think about ever since I took the first bite.
I’ve made Oatmeal Cookie Ice Cream several times now and it’s quite simply the ice cream of this oatmeal cookie lover’s dreams.
Made with a simple cream base that requires no cooking or chill time, this is my go-to starter for countless ice cream recipes. This method has never failed me and it can be stirred together in just minutes.
The most popular question I get is whether it’s possible to make ice cream without a machine. The answer is YES. You can make ice cream without a machine. Find the full directions here!
Oatmeal Cookie Ice Cream
You can make this ice cream with or without the raisins in the cookies. I’ve tried both ways and the raisins stayed nice and chewy, not at all hard as I’d assumed they would be.
Soft and Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies work beautifully for this ice cream.
Chocolate Chips are a terrific option as well. For a gluten-free recipe, use this Oatmeal Cookie recipe and your choice of add-ins.
I have a major love of oatmeal cookies and pretty much all of them will work in this ice cream. Oatmeal Toffee Cookies, Old Fashioned Iced Oatmeal Cookies, Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies, and these Coconut Lover’s Oatmeal Cookies are a few delicious options.
Chewy store-bought oatmeal cookies will also work fine. There are plenty of options for this recipe.
Oatmeal Cookie Ice Cream Recipe
- Whisk together the cream, milk, sugar, salt, cinnamon, and vanilla. Pour into the ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions.
- While the ice cream is churning, break the cookies into bite-size pieces.
- When the ice cream finishes churning, scoop the ice cream into a freezer-safe airtight container and stir in the broken pieces. Freeze until ready to serve.
Oatmeal Cookie Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 2/3 cups sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- optional: 1-2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 6-8 oatmeal raisin cookies (about 3 cups worth, broken into bite-size pieces)
- Whisk together the cream, milk, sugar, salt, cinnamon, and vanilla. Pour into the ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions. While the ice cream is churning, break the cookies into bite-size pieces.
- When the ice cream finishes churning, scoop the ice cream into a freezer-safe airtight container and stir in the broken pieces. Freeze until ready to serve. Enjoy!
Here are some more ice cream recipes you might like:
Peanut Butter Marshmallow Chocolate Ice Cream by Sweet Anna’s
Ginger and Roasted Strawberry Ice Cream by Perry’s Plate
Cafe con Leche Ice Cream by Barefeet In The Kitchen
Sweet and Tart Lemon Ice Cream by Barefeet In The Kitchen
Triple Berry Sangria Ice Cream by The Slow Roasted Italian