Oatmeal Cookie Ice Cream is a creamy, rich ice cream loaded with chunks of chewy oatmeal cookies. This fun ice cream is my newest favorite frozen treat. (I figure I’ve written “newest favorite” at least 100 times on this blog already, but I’m choosing to ignore that little fact for now.) This ice cream has been all I could think about ever since I took the first bite. I’ve made this Oatmeal Cookie Ice Cream a couple times now and it’s quite simply the ice cream of this oatmeal cookie lover’s dreams.
Made with a simple cream base that requires no cooking or chill time, this is my go-to starter for countless ice cream recipes. This method has never failed me and it can be stirred together in just minutes.
You can make this ice cream with or without the raisins in the cookies. I’ve tried both ways and the raisins stayed nice and chewy, not at all hard as I’d assumed they would be. Soft and Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies work beautifully for this ice cream. For a gluten free recipe, use this Oatmeal Cookie recipe, just swap raisins for the chocolate chips. Store bought oatmeal cookies will also work fine. There are plenty of options for this recipe.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 2/3 cups sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- optional: 1-2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 6-8 oatmeal raisin cookies (about 3 cups worth, broken into bite-size pieces)
- Whisk together the cream, milk, sugar, salt, cinnamon, and vanilla. Pour into the ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer's directions. While the ice cream is churning, break the cookies into bite-size pieces.
- When the ice cream finishes churning, scoop the ice cream into a freezer-safe airtight container and stir in the broken pieces. Freeze until ready to serve. Enjoy!
I really enjoy the cinnamon in the base for this ice cream. However, I've also made this with a simple vanilla base and loved it that way as well. If you love cinnamon, definitely add it.
Here are some more ice cream recipes you might like:
Peanut Butter Marshmallow Chocolate Ice Cream by Sweet Anna’s
Ginger and Roasted Strawberry Ice Cream by Perry’s Plate
Cafe con Leche Ice Cream by Barefeet In The Kitchen
Cookies and Cream Ice Cream by Rachel Cooks
Sweet and Tart Lemon Ice Cream by Barefeet In The Kitchen
Fried Ice Cream by Taste and Tell
Triple Berry Sangria Ice Cream by The Slow Roasted Italian