Fresh sweet peaches are tossed together with sugar and spices, then
baked in between layers of a brown sugar and oat crust; this is my
favorite way to bake fruit desserts. It doesn’t matter how many other varieties of fruit desserts I make, I always come back to this one. Almost firm enough to cut into
bars and yet just fruity enough to still resemble a crisp, this is
simply a fruit crisp with both a top and bottom crust layer.
intimidated by the crust layers or the topping, no cutting in cold
butter is required. Melted butter is poured into the topping and it
forms perfect crumbs to top this dessert.
Check out all of the Gluten Free Dessert Recipes on this website!
- 4 cups peaches peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot or cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/3 cups brown rice flour *
- 2/3 cup tapioca starch *
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum *
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup butter melted
- * If you do not need a gluten free version of this recipe simply substitute 2 cups all purpose flour for the items with an *.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place the fruit in a mixing bowl. Add the
- sugar, cinnamon, cloves and ginger, salt and arrowroot. Stir to coat and add the lemon juice. Stir again and the let the peaches rest while preparing the crust.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the remaining dry ingredients and
- then add the melted butter. Stir to combine. Press half of this mixture
- into a buttered 9x13 pan. Pour the fruit over the bottom crust and then
- sprinkle the rest of the dry mixture on top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until the crust turns golden brown. Serve warm
- from the oven or let cool completely and slice into servings. Enjoy!