As I sit here working on this post tonight, I’m trying to wrap my mind around the fact that I’ve been writing this blog for two years.
Barefeet In The Kitchen has become a big part of our lives and I enjoy it so much; I can’t even imagine not sharing recipes with all of you every day. Thank you so much for being the wonderfully loyal readers that you are!
What might be my favorite part of this recipe is that it took about 2 minutes to put together! I used a couple of leftover gluten free brownies for this recipe, but these traditional brownies would be great in this as well.
Caramel Swirl Brownie Chunk Ice Cream
- 2 cups whole milk
- 14 ounce can of sweetened condensed milk about 1 cup
- 3 vanilla beans scraped or 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 cup caramel sauce room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups chopped brownie chunks about 3 brownies *
- Whisk together both milks, the vanilla and the salt. Pour into your ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer's directions. When the mixture is thick and spoonable, add in half of the caramel and all of the brownie chunks. Stir gently to combine. Pour into a freezer safe container and drizzle the remaining caramel across the top. Use a knife to swirl it into the ice cream and then freeze until firm. I froze mine for about 4 hours before serving. If you freeze it overnight, let it rest at room temperature for 5-10 minutes prior to scooping. Enjoy!