Crisp potato chips topped with melted cheese, hot bacon, cool ranch dressing, and green onions is a nacho combination that everyone loves.
Potato Chip Nachos could also be called The Ultimate Snack You Never Knew You Always Wanted.
Or, as Luke at Snapshots Lounge calls this awesome appetizer, “Luke’s Sinful Snack” – aka the order I make every single time I walk through the door.
The first time I was at Snapshots, I asked our waitress to bring us her favorite appetizer off the menu. She brought us a tray of these potato chip nachos and it was happiness at first bite.
The next thing you knew, Snapshots was my favorite lunch, happy hour, and dinner date.
I’m missing my lunches at Snapshots and very much looking forward to the restaurant re-opening for dine-in eating.
In the meantime, I couldn’t resist recreating one of my favorite snacks so that we can enjoy it while we’re at home.
How To Make Potato Chip Nachos
1. Spread the potato chips across a small sheet pan.
2. Top evenly with the shredded cheese.
3. Scatter the bacon over the cheese.
4. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until the cheese has melted.
5. Remove the from the oven and drizzle with ranch dressing and green onions.
6. Serve immediately.
All three of my boys flipped for these potato chip nachos. It takes about 5-10 minutes to prep a tray, including grating the cheese, and I think it took them about 3 minutes to devour this.
It probably shouldn’t surprise me that they polished off a second tray just as quickly. A typical bag of potato chips makes two small trays of these nachos, so next time I may just go with a double batch on a bigger sheet pan.
Better yet, maybe I just won’t offer to share the next batch with them. Paired with a Whiskey Smash or a Sandia en Fuego, this could be my favorite dinner this month. I’m seeing some possibilities here.
Easy Snack Recipes
My boys make a batch of Queso Dip at least every other week. It’s a creamy, spicy, perfectly smooth and cheesy dip just like they serve at Mexican restaurants. And speaking of Mexican food, do you know how easy it is to make fresh guacamole?
And last but not least, Tater Tot Nachos with Pulled Pork are a huge favorite with my oldest son. We had to come home and make our own version after first trying them in San Francisco a few years ago.
Potato Chip Nachos
- 4 ounces kettle potato chips
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup cooked and crumbled bacon
- 2 tbsp ranch dressing
- 2 tbsp thinly sliced green onions
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spread the potato chips across a small sheet pan. Top evenly with the shredded cheese. Scatter the bacon over the cheese. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until the cheese has melted.
- Remove the hot pan from the oven and drizzle with ranch dressing and green onions. Serve immediately. Enjoy!