Just in time for a long weekend, this quick and easy Spicy Guacamole is perfect for snacking, topping your burgers, and possibly just eating with a spoon.
This Spicy Guacamole is a fun and very simple dip that I’ve made three times this month already. My spicy food lovers adore the added heat and I especially love that it comes together in less than ten minutes!
I finally succumbed to the awesomeness of guacamole a couple years ago when I tried this Roasted Garlic and Bacon Guacamole. I made it so many times that summer, I’m surprised my skin didn’t turn green. It’s truly fantastic. Since then, I’ve made guacamole a number of different ways and it has grown to be a favorite with our whole family.
- 4 medium ripe avocados
- 1 small yellow onion diced small, 1/2 cups worth
- 1 large jalapeno finely minced
- juice of 1 large lime about 2 teaspoons worth
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt adjust to taste
- Optional: dash of cayenne pepper adjust to taste
- Peel and chop the avocados into 1/2" pieces. Lightly mash with a fork, leaving plenty of chunks. Add the onion, avocado, lime juice, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine and taste. Adjust the lime, salt, and pepper as needed. Serve immediately or cover tightly and refrigerate until ready to serve. Enjoy!
ONE YEAR AGO: Pineapple Mojito Fruit Salad
TWO YEARS AGO: Chipotle Cream Pasta with Vegetables
THREE YEARS AGO: Italian Summer Vegetable Soup
FOUR YEARS AGO: Roasted Asparagus, Broccoli, and Summer Squash