This dish is beyond simple. It is so simple in fact that I almost didn’t try making it. I’m glad I did though. It was a great light pasta and I know we’ll make it again. I served this with Strawberry Spinach Salad and it made a great summertime meal.
The pepper makes all the different in this recipe. Make sure your pepper is freshly cracked and use it generously. I will use regular spaghetti noodles next time and I’m betting we might like it even more that way. The kids love the different shapes, so I was cooking with them in mind tonight.
- 8 ounces pasta I used farfalle this time
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons freshly cracked pepper
- 1 1/2 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta until al dente. When it is cooked, reserve a quarter cup of the pasta water, and then drain the pasta and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet with olive oil, add the cracked pepper and gently saute for a few minutes. Add the cooked pasta and toss with tongs to coat with the olive oil and pepper. Add the grated cheese and continue swirling the pasta to coat with the cheese. Add a tablespoon or two of the reserved hot pasta water and continue to coat the pasta. Serve immediately. Enjoy!