Sweet Jasmine rice cooked with plenty of herbs and then topped with a pat of butter was an excellent match for the Lemony Garlic and Herb Halibut.
I tend to use my rice cooker most of the time simply because I can start it, walk away and have the rice turn out perfectly every time. The downside is that it takes more time that way.
When I’m in a hurry, the stove-top is always the fastest method. This was a simple side dish with a lot of flavor. For a super tasty dinner in very little time, pair this rice with 15-Minute Honey Garlic Chicken. You’ll have dinner on the table before you know it.
Italian Herb Rice
- 2 cups Jasmine rice
- 4 cups chicken stock or broth
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (be sure to reduce this amount if you are using a store-bought chicken broth)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil or ½ teaspoon dried basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme or ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano or ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1-2 tablespoons butter
- Place the rice, chicken stock and all the spices in the a large skillet on the stove-top. Stir and cover with a lid. Bring to a boil over high heat and then immediately reduce heat to low. Stir the rice and re-cover with the lid. Simmer covered over low heat for 16 minutes and then check to see if it is tender. Stir the rice and either simmer an additional minute or two or remove from the heat. Stir in a tablespoon or two of butter and then fluff with a fork. Cover with lid until ready to serve. Enjoy!