This was the best fish I have ever made. The marinade was absolutely perfect for it. I can imagine using this marinade again and again with all kinds of different meats.
Broiling is my favorite way to prepare fish. It takes just minutes and (as long as I watch it closely!) it almost always turns out well. I tried something new this time and left the oven door open while it was broiling.
I read somewhere that it would result in a more grilled taste and it worked. This recipe is a keeper for sure.
Lemon and Garlic Broiled Tilapia
- Juice of 1 lemon approximately 3 tablespoons
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic about 2 medium cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pound Tilapia this was approximately (3) 6 oz fillets
- Combine all marinade ingredients. Place fish in a ziploc bag and pour marinade over it. Seal bag and place in fridge overnight. When ready to cook the fish, turn the oven on to broil (high setting, if you have that option) and place the fish on a foil lined baking sheet. Broil for 5-7 minutes depending on the size and thickness of your fish. Enjoy!
- If you are new to cooking fish, this is a great list of tips for determining when it is done.