With barely 2 minutes of effort, a simple skillet of rice went from boring to something special. I loved the unexpected tang of the lime and the barely there heat of the chipotle pepper. I am really enjoying the combination of smokey heat and tangy lime this week. This would be delicious with the Chili Lime Corn on the Cob and it was perfect with the salmon that I will be posting tomorrow.
- 2 cups freshly cooked rice Jasmine is my choice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sauce from canned chipotle peppers
- kosher salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Optional: minced fresh cilantro or parsley for garnish and fresh lime wedge for serving
- Cook the rice according to package directions. While the rice is cooking, combine the olive oil, lime juice and chipotle sauce in a small jar and shake to combine. Once the rice is cooked, while it is still steaming hot, place it in a large mixing bowl. Fluff with a fork and then drizzle with the lime sauce. Toss well to thoroughly coat and separate the rice. Taste and season generously with salt and pepper. Garnish with cilantro or parsley and serve with a wedge of lime for extra tang. Enjoy!