Green Chile Guacamole is spicy with green chile, tangy with lime, and kept fresh with cilantro and spices. This guacamole is a favorite snack on game day or any day of the week.
We are big fans of both guacamole and green chile in my house, so this combination was an instant favorite from the first bite.
When football season comes around each year, my first thoughts are rarely about which teams are playing or what the final scores are going to be.
My thoughts lean more towards, salty or sweet, and how many snacks do we need and want to have for game day? Lucky for me, my boys all enjoy the games, but they are also all about the snacks.
Whether it’s an enchilada dinner or a table full of snacks for any occasion, Mission® Strips Tortilla Chips are my go-to chips for dipping and snacking. The shape is perfect for dipping and I love that they’re made with just four ingredients: corn masa flour, water, vegetable oil, and sea salt. (The chips are also certified gluten free and made with no artificial flavors or colors. But really? They just taste GOOD!)
The sound of a bag opening is all it takes to bring my kids to the kitchen. My oldest can mix together a batch of Queso dip in under ten minutes, and it doesn’t take much longer than that for it to disappear.
There is something special about dippable foods. Chips and dips bring family and friends together like nothing else. Sharing a dish at the table, on the couch, or at a party, it’s just more fun to dip into a snack with friends.
You’ll find a bag of tortilla strips in my pantry pretty much any time you visit my home. They’re the base for countless game day foods, party foods, and any time of day snacks.
So visit Mission Chips to find where you can grab a bag (or three) of Mission Tortilla Chips. Stir together a batch of Green Chile Guacamole, and dive on in. You can visit the site for additional recipes too. Happy snacking!
For more terrific snack ideas, check out these recipes at Missions Chips.
Make Ahead Tip: If you won’t be serving this immediately, press plastic wrap directly onto the surface of the guacamole to prevent browning. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Green Chile Guacamole
- Peel and chop the avocados into 1/2″ pieces. Lightly mash with a fork, leaving plenty of chunks.
- Add the onion, green chile, cilantro, lime juice, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine and taste.
- Adjust the lime, salt, and pepper as needed. Sprinkle with additional onion and cilantro, if desired.
- Serve immediately with tortilla strips or cover tightly and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Green Chile Guacamole
- 1 13-ounce bag Mission® Strips Tortilla Chips
- 4 medium-size ripe avocados
- ½ small red onion diced small, about ⅓ cup worth, plus more for topping
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped small, plus more for topping
- 4 ounces chopped green chile
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, about ½ large lime
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, adjust to taste
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper, adjust to taste
- Peel and chop the avocados into 1/2" pieces. Lightly mash with a fork, leaving plenty of chunks. Add the onion, green chile, cilantro, lime juice, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine and taste.
- Adjust the lime, salt, and pepper as needed. Sprinkle with additional onion and cilantro, if desired. Serve immediately with tortilla strips or cover tightly and refrigerate until ready to serve. Enjoy!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Mission® (a food brand that my family has enjoyed for years!) As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own.