Fresh corn, tomatoes, peppers, and onion come together with a splash of lime to create the most delicious Summer Corn Salad ever. We served this with Last Minute Chicken and my Aunt Judy’s Ramen Noodle Salad the first time I made it.
I set aside a serving to see how well it would keep in the refrigerator and I’m happy to say it was great for a few days. (And no, I didn’t share one bite of the stashed salad. That was all mine.)
It turns out Fresh Corn Salad is also awesome with Pulled Pork, Beer and Garlic Grilled Chicken, and Oven Baked Tacos too. I picked up more corn at the Farmer’s Market this week in order to make the salad yet again. I just love it!
I love fresh corn so much, there can not be too many corn recipes in my life. Have you tried Elote Dip yet? or Mexican Street Corn Potato Salad? and the Jalapeno Corn Coleslaw has been a hit since the first time I shared it.
For a main dish or side dish option, this Rosemary Potato Skillet with Fresh Corn and Bacon is absolutely crave-able. And this Sweet Corn Relish caught my eye the other day and it looks pretty fantastic too.
Fresh Corn Salad
If ever there was a vegetable that makes me happy every time I taste it, it’s fresh corn. When you combine that with bell peppers, tomatoes, and onion, along with plenty of lime and garlic, it all adds up to a pretty refreshing summer salad.
Yes, the corn is raw in this recipe. You do not need to cook it. If you have never tasted raw sweet corn you are in for a treat.
The ingredients are simple and completely adaptable to what you have on hand. It’s great with chunks of avocado too. Fresh cucumber is a terrific addition as well.
- fresh corn
- red and/or green bell pepper
- red onion
- grape tomatoes
- olive oil
There is no need to cook the corn for this recipe. If you haven’t tried raw corn before, you’re going to love it. The flavor is so sweet, fresh, and crisp!
Summer Corn Salad Recipe
- Combine the corn, bell pepper, onion, tomatoes, and cilantro in a mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, combine the oil, lime juice, garlic, salt, and pepper. Whisk or stir to combine.
- Pour the dressing over the vegetables. Stir well to coat everything. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Summer Corn Salad
- 6 ears corn, kernels removed, about 4 cups
- 1 large red or green bell pepper (or half of each), about 1 1/2 cups
- 1/2 medium red onion, chopped very small, about 2/3 cup
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro or Italian parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice, about 2 large limes worth
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Combine the corn, bell pepper, onion, tomatoes, and cilantro in a mixing bowl. In a small bowl or measuring cup, combine the oil, lime juice, garlic, salt, and pepper. Whisk or stir to combine.
- Pour the dressing over the vegetables. Stir well to coat everything. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve. Enjoy!