Red Chile Chicken and Black Bean Tacos begin with chicken, black beans, and Mexican spices in a saucy, spicy, red chile sauce. Stuffed into crunchy taco shells and topped with melting cheese, these tacos disappear almost as fast as I can make them!
I’m partnering with Safeway today to tell you about the tacos that we’re loving these days. Red Chile Chicken and Black Bean Tacos were a kid favorite from the first bite. I’ve made these tacos a couple times already. They’re perfect for easy game day snacking or for a stress free weeknight meal.
We made these tacos for lunch the first time we made them and my boys polished off the entire recipe on their own! I made them a few nights later for dinner and served them with Cilantro Lime Rice and a salad. This is a two thumbs up meal all the way around the table.
Red Chile Chicken and Black Bean Tacos
- 1 box Old
- El Paso™ Taco Shells
- 4 cups chopped or shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup red chile enchilada sauce
- 15 ounces black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon Mexican Spice Mix or taco seasoning
- 2 cups shredded cheddar pepper jack, or crumbled cotija cheese
- Optional toppings:
- ¼ head of green cabbage or crisp lettuce very thinly shaved
- ½ medium red onion sliced very thin
- 1 cup cilantro chopped
- 2 avocados chopped or sliced thin
- 2 limes cut into wedges
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Place the taco shells in a 9x13 pan. Combine the chicken, red chile sauce, black beans, and Mexican spice mix in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir frequently and heat just until the chicken is warm, about 5 minutes.
- Divide the filling between the taco shells. Sprinkle generously with cheese and bake again, just until the cheese has melted, about 3-5 minutes. Top each taco with the toppings of your choice. Enjoy!
Here are a few more taco recipes you might like:
Shrimp Taco Bites by I Wash, You Dry
Easy Taco Pie by All Day I Dream About Food
Fish Taco Cabbage Bowl by Kalyn’s Kitchen
Taco Cheese Pie by Shugary Sweets
Crispy Salmon Fish Tacos by Foodness Gracious
Apple Pie Tacos by Cook Crave Inspire
I picked up the ingredients used in this recipe at Safeway. Nothing beats having one of your favorite stores less than a mile from the house!