Chocolate and toasted coconut stuffed inside chewy blondies, could any dessert possibly make me happier? For the moment, not a chance. These just plain make me happy.
Unless you are a coconut hater (completely inconceivable to me!), you will probably adore these bars. I cut them very small so that I can keep going back into the kitchen for repeated tastings.
Plus, they are pretty rich. Smaller servings is a great idea for that reason as well.
Coconut Blondies with Dark Chocolate
- 1 cup butter melted
- 2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 2 cups AP flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups coconut, plus another 1/2 cup for topping
- 1 2/3 cups dark, bittersweet, or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Whisk together the flours and salt and set aside. Combine the butter and brown sugar in a bowl and beat until well combined.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and stir well. Slowly add the flour mixture. Stir in the coconut and chocolate chips.
- Scrape the batter into a well-greased 9x13 pan. Spread evenly with a spatula. Sprinkle additional coconut on top.
- Bake for 28 minutes, or until the bars are lightly browned around the edges and set in the middle. Cool slightly before serving. Enjoy!