Chocolate and toasted coconut stuffed inside chewy blondies, could any dessert possibly make me happier? For the moment, not a chance. These just plain make me happy.
Unless you are a coconut hater (completely inconceivable to me!), you will probably adore these bars. I cut them very small so that I can keep going back into the kitchen for repeated tastings.
Plus, they are pretty rich. Smaller servings is a great idea for that reason as well.
Coconut Blondies with Dark Chocolate
- 1 cup butter melted
- 2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 2 cups AP flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups coconut, plus another 1/2 cup for topping
- 1 2/3 cups dark, bittersweet, or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Whisk together the flours and salt and set aside. Whisk the wet ingredients together and slowly add the flour mixture. Stir in the coconut and chocolate chips.
- Scrape the batter into a well-greased 9x13 pan. Spread evenly with a spatula. Sprinkle additional coconut on top.
- Bake for 28 minutes, or until the bars are lightly browned around the edges and set in the middle. Cool slightly before serving. Enjoy!