Chewy blondies, loaded with chocolate chips, cashews and coconut, these are a huge hit with everyone each time I make them. I’ve been making gluten free treats for my best friend for a couple years now and these are still her favorites each time I ship off a package of goodies.
- 1 cup butter melted
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup gluten free flour mix I used Bob's Red Mill mix
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup roasted and salted cashews chopped
- 1/2 cup coconut plus another 1/2 cup for topping
- 1 2/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Whisk together the flours, xanthan gum and salt and set aside. Combine the butter and sugar together and then add the eggs and vanilla. Slowly add the flour mixture. Stir in the cashews, coconut and chocolate chips.
- Scrape the batter into a well-greased 9x13 pan. Spread evenly with a spatula. Sprinkle additional coconut on top. Bake for 28 minutes, or until the bars are lightly browned around the edges and set in the middle. Cool slightly before serving.
- Cool these completely before cutting them into bars, if you will not be eating them immediately. These bars freeze beautifully. Enjoy!
If you have no reason to eat gluten free, simply swap both cups of flour for AP flour and skip the xanthan gum. Or you can use half coconut flour and half AP flour, skipping the xanthan gum as well. I have made all three versions of these bars and they are all delicious!