Chewy blondies filled with macadamia nuts and white chocolate are a quick and easy dessert that tastes much more impressive than it honestly should. In the time it takes to preheat the oven, these blondies are ready to bake.
I love a simple dessert that can be put together in the time it takes to rinse off the dinner dishes. These were originally intended for my family’s camping trip; however, none of them actually made it to the freezer. Oops. Maybe next year.
Check out all of the Gluten Free Dessert Recipes on this website!
- 1 1/3 cup brown rice flour *
- 1/3 cup tapioca flour *
- 1/3 cup potato starch *
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum *
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups butter
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- * If you do not need a GF version of this recipe you can substitute 2 cups all purpose flour for the items marked with an *.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9x13 pan with parchment paper or grease the pan very well with butter. In a medium size saucepan, melt the butter over medium low heat. Remove from the heat and stir in the brown sugar and vanilla until the mixture is smooth. Add the eggs and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients and then add to the mixture in the saucepan. Stir to combine. Add the chocolate chips and the chopped nuts and stir again to combine. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 21-23 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out with moist crumbs. Let cool completely before slicing into bars, or serve warm topped with vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!