For as long as I can remember, I’ve had a container of Jane’s Krazy Mixed Up Salt in my spice cabinet. I use Crazy Salt on eggs, meat, popcorn, vegetables, french fries, and any kind of potato. You can use this Crazy Salt anywhere you might want a sprinkling of salt, but it especially amazing on eggs. Eggs just aren’t eggs in my house without the Crazy Salt.
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 4 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons granulated onion
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- optional: 1/4 teaspoon finely crushed sage
- Combine all the spices in a jar and stir or shake to combine. Store in an airtight container until ready to use. Enjoy!
You can pulse all the spices in a blender for a finer more uniform blend of spices or simply stir them together in a jar. I tend to measure the spices in finger pinches, the same way I use kosher salt, so the jar method works great for me. Just shake the jar if the spices begin to separate.