Creamy scrambled eggs with smoked salmon turned out to be an absolutely delicious way to start the day. We’ve been eating the smoked salmon that my husband brought back from Alaska every single day, as a snack or with breakfast lunch or dinner, it is fantastic all by itself.
I have been looking forward to finally trying it in our eggs. My boys declared these the most delicious eggs they have ever tasted and they have already requested them again.
Smoked Salmon Scrambled Eggs
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup half and half
- kosher salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
- 6 green onions thinly chopped
- 3-4 ounces smoked salmon broken up into small bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Whisk together the eggs, half and half, salt and pepper and about 2/3 of the onions. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium low heat. Once it is hot, pour the egg mixture into the middle of the pan (you want the butter to move to the edges of the eggs in the pan) and cook without stirring for a minute or two.
- Once the eggs begin to set, gently stir or fold the eggs as needed until the liquid is almost completely gone. At this point, fold in the smoked salmon. Stir to combine and then remove from the heat. Let the eggs rest just a minute more to finish cooking. Enjoy!