This is not your average Cookies and Cream Ice Cream, this is creamy, rich, homemade vanilla ice cream absolutely loaded with chunks of Oreos.
This isn’t Oreo dust or a few crumbles of cookies, this is nearly an entire package of chocolate sandwich cookies stuffed into a batch of ice cream. If you love Oreos, you are certain to LOVE this Cookies and Cream Ice Cream.
Oh, Cookies and Cream Ice Cream, how I love you. Is it the fact that handfuls of my favorite sandwich cookies are crammed into each bowl of creamy ice cream?
Or is it simply that I can never have too many ways to eat Oreos? or is it that I can never have enough recipes for homemade ice cream? Whatever the reason, Cookies and Cream is the newest favorite ice cream in our house.
I wonder what the next favorite ice cream flavor will be?
How To Make Cookies and Cream Ice Cream
The best cookies and cream ice cream you’ll ever taste starts with a batch of smooth and creamy vanilla ice cream.
While that’s churning, chop up some chocolate sandwich cookies and set them aside. When the ice cream is ready, layer those cookie pieces into a container with the soft ice cream.
Then stash the ice cream and cookie mixture in the freezer until it’s firm and scoopable.
Easy as can be to make and you likely won’t be buying another carton of cookies and cream ice cream from the store. Yes, it’s that good.
To really take your homemade ice cream over the tip, I recommend stirring together a batch of this Homemade Chocolate Sauce while the ice cream is churning.
Homemade Ice Cream
There aren’t many things I enjoy more than a bowl of homemade ice cream. The odds are good that you will find my ice cream maker churning on the kitchen counter at least a couple times a month. (Truthfully, you’ll probably find it there more often than that.)
This Chocolate Chip Toffee Ice Cream is one of my favorite go-to ice cream recipes. I keep the mini chips and toffee bits for that ice cream on hand in the pantry.
If you’re a fan of Reese’s peanut butter cups, this Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream is going to be your new favorite. Brownie Berry Ice Cream was inspired by my trip to Portland and I still grin every time I make it.
Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Recipe
- Whisk together the cream, milk, sugar, salt, and vanilla.
- Pour the mixture into your ice cream maker. (I use this ice cream compressor or this ice cream maker for homemade ice cream.)
- Freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions.
- While the ice cream is churning, chop each cookie into 4 pieces.
- When the ice cream has finished churning, scatter 1 cup of cookie pieces in the bottom of a freezer safe container.
- Scoop half the ice cream over the cookies in the container, sprinkle the ice cream with 1 cup of cookie pieces.
- Spread the ice cream across the container and top with the remaining cup of cookie pieces. Freeze until firm.
Cookies and Cream Ice Cream
- 1 3/4 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 20 chocolate sandwich cookies, quartered, about 3 cups
- Whisk together the cream, milk, sugar, salt, and vanilla. Pour the mixture into your ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer's directions. While the ice cream is churning, chop each cookie into 4 pieces.
- Scatter 1 cup of cookie pieces in the bottom of a freezer safe container. When the ice cream has finished churning, scoop half the ice cream over the cookies in the container, sprinkle the ice cream with 1 cup of cookie pieces. Spread the ice cream across the container and top with the remaining cup of cookie pieces. Freeze until firm. Enjoy!