This is a homemade vanilla ice cream fully loaded with miniature chocolate chips and toffee bits. I’m telling you today that the secret to a really great chocolate chip ice cream is miniature chocolate chips. Having discovered that little secret, I made a couple batches of awesome chocolate chip ice cream a few months ago, before hitting on the idea of adding in what was left in a bag of toffee bits after I made these Chocolate Toffee Fudge Brownies.
This ice cream was a late night treat that we made on a whim last week. It turned out to be a fantastic flavor combination and we liked it so much, my husband requested the same flavor again last night when we were making ice cream again. This time I saved a little bit to photograph, so that I could share it with you!
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3/4 cup miniature semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heath toffee bits
- Whisk together cream, milk, sugar, vanilla and salt. Freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions. Add the chocolate chips and toffee bits, just before the ice cream finishes churning. Serve immediately for soft serve ice cream or transfer to an airtight container and store in the freezer until ready to serve. Enjoy!