This sweet and slightly tart cherry ice cream is made with just a handful of easy ingredients. No custard base, no eggs, no cooking time, just a quick whirl in the blender with sweet cream, sugar, and cherries. Fresh, sweet cherries are one of my favorite fruits, but the hassle of removing the pits, combined with their limited availability makes their frozen counterparts perfect for this quick and easy ice cream recipe.
Homemade Ice Cream is the perfect dessert for any occasion and as any of my friends will attest, I’ll use any possible excuse to make a fresh batch. My favorite homemade ice creams are the ones that require very little effort on my part. At least half of the reason I love making my own ice cream is because it is often easier than a trip to the grocery store. Stir together the cream and sugar along with whatever flavors you are craving and just pour it into the machine.
- 16 ounces frozen sweet cherries about 3 cups worth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional - Chocolate Swirl Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil or butter
- Combine all ingredients in the blender. Puree until completely smooth. Serve immediately for soft serve ice cream or pour into an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions. Transfer to an airtight container and freeze until ready to serve.
- For the optional chocolate swirl: Place the chocolate and the oil in a small glass dish and microwave for 30 seconds at 50% power. Stir and Repeat. Microwave an additional 15 seconds at 50% power, if needed. Stir until fully melted. When the ice cream finishes churning, transfer it to a freezer safe container. Quickly drizzle about half of the chocolate across the top, swirl it lightly into the ice cream, and repeat with the remaining chocolate. Cover and freeze until ready to serve. Enjoy!