Crispy hot tater tots topped with bacon are covered in melting cheese and then served with the toppings of your choice to make these irresistible Cheesy Bacon Tater Tots. We dipped the tots into our favorite barbecue sauce and my whole family couldn’t stop eating them.
As soon as I saw this recipe in my friend Phi‘s new cookbook, I thought of our favorite Crispy Cheese and Bacon Potatoes. I knew that my family would love these Loaded Tater Tots. The fact that it’s a fast and easy shortcut to that irresistible flavor combination that we love makes it an instant family favorite.
Also, if you’re with me on Snapchat, you may have caught a sneak peek into the book yesterday. My husband and kids have already marked a bunch of great recipes to try. Fast and Easy Five Ingredient Recipes releases on July 19, but you can pre-order the cookbook now at HALF price!
- 1 32- ounce package frozen tater tots
- 8 ounces bacon cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cups Mexican-blend shredded cheese
- Optional sides: barbecue sauce sour cream, ketchup, or salsa
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Grease a baking sheet with oil or cooking spray. Spread the tater tots across the sheet and top with bacon pieces. Bake for 25 minutes, gently stir and flip the tater tots and bacon. Bake an additional 5-10 minutes until browned and crispy. Sprinkle generously with cheese and bake 2-3 minutes more, just until the cheese has melted.
- Remove from the oven and serve with the sides of your choice. Enjoy!