This is a light and tangy pasta salad filled with crisp broccoli, juicy tomatoes, and salty strips of salami; perfect for a weeknight dinner or a summer potluck.
Broccoli is one of my favorite vegetables in a pasta salad. Those pretty little florets hold the dressing and carry so much flavor into each bite.
My preference for pasta salads leans more toward a heaping mountain of vegetables with a bit of pasta mixed into it. My kids lean closer to a pile of cheesy pasta sans the vegetables. This salad is our compromise and it’s full of flavors that we all love.
My boys adore salami and have been requesting it almost every time I’m headed to the grocery store. You can look forward to several more salami-centric recipes this summer. You can’t beat the convenience of a ready to use meat that requires no cooking in the heat of summer!
Broccoli and Salami Pasta Salad
- 12 ounces small bite-size pasta
- 2 medium size broccoli crowns trimmed into small florets, about 4-5 cups worth
- 1/4 medium red onion very thinly sliced and chopped, about ⅓ cup worth
- 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes halved
- Optional: ½ cup sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 6 ounces salami thinly sliced and cut into strips
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt add more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the pasta according to the manufacturer's directions. Drain in a colander and rinse well, until cool. Combine the cooked pasta, broccoli, onion, tomatoes, and olives in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle with oil and vinegar and toss well to coat. Add the salami and toss again.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper, toss again to mix thoroughly. Taste and add more salt, as needed. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve. This will keep nicely in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. Enjoy!
Here are a few more pasta salads you might like:
BLT Macaroni Salad by Melissa’s Southern Style Kitchen
Asian Pasta Salad by Barefeet In The Kitchen
Loaded Pasta Salad by The Midnight Baker
Italian Artichoke and Tomato Pasta Salad by Barefeet In The Kitchen
Bacon Broccoli Pasta Salad by Foodie with Family
Apples and Celery Pasta Salad by Diethood
Creamy Summer Pasta Salad by Barefeet In The Kitchen
Greek Pasta Salad by FoodieCrush